Biosafety and Biosecurity Internship – Central Asia and Caucasus
Biosafety Association for Central Asia and Caucasus (BACAC) is offering an internship for undergraduate or graduate students interested in gaining practical experience in public health, biosecurity and biosafety, international security, public policy, public administration as well as in conducting their own research project in the region. Interns participate in a variety of activities that support both organizational and individual development. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the region and its public health issues, expand your research capabilities, network, and provide regional experts with your support.
- Assist President, Executive Committee, and Executive Secretary of the association in the planning and implementation of projects to promote knowledge and increase of potential in field of biosafety and biosecurity among professional groups and population of countries of Central Asia and Caucasus.
- Regularly update the BACAC website.
- Provide organizational support to BACAC events in the region.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts.
- Engage in additional tasks as needed.
- An intern may also develop, research, write, and publish a report on a topic developed according to the needs of the organization, the intern’s own interests, and academic requirements for credit.
Eligibility and required skills:
- Must have a proven interest in public health, biosecurity and biosafety, international security, public policy, and public administration.
- Must be at least a college junior in good standing or a graduate student.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural and multigenerational environment.
- Good knowledge of English language. A candidate must be able to correspond with BACAC members and its partners in English and prepare documentation in English.
- Knowledge of one of the regional languages is preferable but not a must.
Time Commitment: Minimum two months; full-time (30+ hours/week); hours to be determined with intern, academic institution and sponsoring organization.
Location per intern’s choice and availability: Almaty (Kazakhstan), Bishkek and Osh (Kyrgyzstan), Dushanbe (Tajikistan), Kabul (Afghanistan), Tbilisi (Republic of Georgia), Yerevan (Armenia), and Ulan Bator (Mongolia).
Compensation: This internship is unpaid. Academic credit is available. Please work out academic credit details with your academic institution.
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter (including dates and times of availability), short writing sample (1-3 pages), and list of three references and their contact information by e-mail to Ms. Marina Abrams, Executive Secretary, email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.