Goals of the Association are:
- promote biosafety as a priority for the region
- integrate international best practices for biosafety into all work with infectious microorganisms
- assist members in the development of programs, guidelines, standards and regulations
- promote the development of research and science using modern biosafety and biosecurity methods
- develop and deliver integral training programs
- promote biosafety cooperation with international associations and societies
BACAC Activity Planning:
- Objective 1: Implementation of Best Biosafety Practices
- Objective 2: Education & Awareness Raising
- Objective 3: BACAC as a Leader
- Objective 4: International Linkages
- Objective 5: Collaboration with Governments
- To harmonize the application/implementation of biosafety international best practices among professionals in the region.
- To create a common scheme/framework for dissemination of knowledge to the population within the region and to facilitate the raising of awareness on biosafety issues.
- To develop BACAC into a well-functioning organization, and to be the recognized leader in biosafety at the local and regional level.
- To establish and strengthen close cooperation with international organizations engaged in the field of biosafety.
- To collaborate with governments to strengthen national and regional biosafety policies and programs.